Pickle Ball Lessons for Seniors
Sherborn Rec and Council on Aging are excited to offer FREE Pickleball Lessons for Seniors!
May 6, 13, 20 and June 3 (no class Memorial Day 5/27)
Sherborn Tennis Courts #1
Learn to play the fast-growing sport with the funny name!
Have you ever played ping-pong, tennis, racquetball, badminton?
Whether you played a “few” years ago, yesterday or never, pickleball is the sport for you!
- Lessons will cover the basic rules of play, strokes, strategies and court etiquette
- The court is about half the size of a tennis court (with a net) and usually played "doubles” or "mixed doubles"
- You will use a paddle a little bigger than a ping-pong paddle and a whiffle ball. (Equipment supplied by Sherborn Rec)
- Classes are small (usually no more than 8) so you will receive personal attention and all abilities are welcome
- This is a good opportunity to get some exercise and meet new friends
**Wear court shoes or sneakers and comfortable loose clothing, suitable for exercising. Bring a water bottle, smile, and enthusiasm, it’s a fun game!
Ruane Crummett, Pickleball Instructor
"I was introduced to the game of Pickleball 5 years ago while vacationing in Florida. I immediately was “hooked” and became a student of the sport. As I gained experience, friends and players alike asked me for help and advice at a beginner level. I have since become an IPTPA Instructor and teach beginner and intermediate level pickleball in Newton, Wellesley and Belmont. I impart patience, knowledge of the game, and encouragement to all my students. Many of who continue to learn and play pickleball at a recreational (fun) and/or tournament level. I always look forward to sharing my knowledge and enthusiasm and helping “new players” get started in the sport/game of pickleball. It’s a fun game… so play and smile!"