Wednesdays, May 6, 13, 20, 27, & June 3
$5 per class
Sherborn Tennis Courts #1
Have you ever played ping-pong, tennis, racquetball, badminton? Whether you played a “few” years ago, yesterday or never, pickleball is the sport for you!
- Lessons will cover the basic rules of play, strokes, strategies and court etiquette
- The court is about half the size of a tennis court (with a net) and usually played "doubles” or "mixed doubles"
- You will use a paddle a little bigger than a ping-pong paddle and a whiffle ball. (Equipment supplied by Sherborn Rec)
- Classes are small (usually no more than 8) so you will receive personal attention and all abilities are welcome
- This is a good opportunity to get some exercise and meet new friends
*Please bring a water bottle, and wear court shoes or sneakers and comfortable loose clothing suitable for exercising
Ruane Crummett, Pickleball Instructor
"I was introduced to the game of pickleball 6 years ago while vacationing in Florida. I immediately was “hooked” and became a student of the sport. As I gained experience, friends and players alike asked me for help and advice at a beginner level. I have since become a Certified Level 1 IPTPA Instructor, Certified Level 1 USAPA Referee and teach beginner and intermediate level pickle ball in Newton, Wellesley and Belmont. I impart patience, knowledge of the game, and encouragement to all my students. Many of who continue to learn and play pickleball at a recreational (fun) and/or tournament level. I always look forward to sharing my knowledge and enthusiasm and helping “new players” get started in the sport/game of pickleball. It’s a fun game… so play and smile!"
*Sponsored in Partnership with Sherborn Council on Aging